Beeline Travel Eastbourne
Terms & Conditions of Coach Hire
- HENCEFORTH, The Company means Beeline Travel.
- QUOTATIONS – All quotations are given subject to the Company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the Hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified.
- PAYMENT – The terms for payment for hire will be set out by The Company upon accepting the booking. Failure to adhere to the payment schedule may lead to withdrawal of services.
- FUEL COSTS – All quotations are based on the price of fuel that applies during the month that the quotation is made as found in the AA fuel price report. The Company reserves the right to levy an appropriate fuel surcharge if the price of fuel rises by 5% or more in the time between the quotation being made and the tour starting. Such a surcharge will be based on the mileage covered and on an average fuel consumption figure appropriate to the vehicle.
- CANCELLATION POLICY – A Cancellation charge is applicable if the job or tour is cancelled by the Hirer. These charges are: loss of deposit if cancellation comes prior to 2 weeks before commencement of the job; 25% of total charge if cancellation comes within 2 weeks of commencement of the job; 50% of total charge if cancellation comes within 1 week of commencement of the job; 100% of total charge (or at the discretion of The Company) if cancellation comes after commencement of the job.
- CANCELLATION BY COMPANY – In the event of an emergency or an action by the Hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the Company may return all monies paid and without further liability cancel the Contract.
- DRIVERS’ HOURS AND REST PERIODS – The Driver’s hours of driving and rest periods are strictly controlled and the current regulations must be complied with. The Hirer must liaise with the Company’s representative to ensure that all regulations are adhered to.
- SEATING CAPACITY – The maximum number of passengers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. Drivers will not carry any extra passengers over the seating capacity of the vehicle.
- ANIMALS – Animals will not be carried on any vehicle, except Guide Dogs.
- VARIATION OF HIRE – If the vehicle is detained late by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than that contracted for, the Company reserves the right to make an extra charge. Where it is not possible to use the originally quoted mode of transport, such as a particular ferry crossing, a surcharge may be necessary.
- CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS – The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. In the unlikely event of any passenger being persistently abusive or causing damage to the vehicle, the Company will require such person(s) to leave the vehicle. The Hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire.
- DAMAGE TO VEHICLE – The Hirer accepts responsibility to protect The Company’s vehicles from damage including from third parties when parked at any venue but also at any time during the course of the hire. This will include mitigation for damage and consequential loss caused by vinyls or other items attached to the interior or exterior of the Company vehicle.
- ON BOARD EQUIPMENT – The Company may provide various amenities such as televisions, DVD players, play stations etc. When provided these are considered as free extras and are not a condition of hiring our coaches. The failure of any such item cannot be the cause for termination of the contract or for a discounted price. Customers are expected to provide their own entertainment media. All our Company vehicles are licensed by the MPLC and the PRS. The Company will not accept the use by the Hirer of any pirated or illegal entertainment media.
- PROPERTY – The Company will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held by the Company and any costs incurred for their return will be borne by the Hirer.
- SUBSTITUTION OF VEHICLE – The Company reserves the right to substitute any given vehicle at any time without advance notice for operational or safety reasons. The Company may subcontract the performance of any of our obligations to suitable third party contractors.
- TRAILER HIRE – Where a Company luggage trailer is hired, it is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the GVW is not exceeded and that the trailer is loaded safely and securely. The Company accepts no responsibility for any goods or equipment lost or damaged whilst the trailer is in transit or stationary. The Hirer is responsible for their own insurance to cover any such loss that may be incurred.
- ACCESS BY VEHICLES – Due to the size of the Company’s vehicles it may not be possible to gain access to the destination site either by physical or legal constraints. The Hirer should check with the destination beforehand.
- BREAKDOWN/DELAY – The Company does not guarantee the completion of a journey within any specific time period and will NOT be liable for inconvenience, loss or consequential loss caused by the actual journey time due to delays or breakdown. The Company will endeavour to provide alternative transport to complete your journey. This alternative transport may include all or none of the facilities of the original Company vehicle. Should the Hirer decide to make their own arrangements regarding alternative transport or accommodation in the event of a breakdown, they may be liable for the full costs of said arrangements unless specifically agreed with the Company beforehand.
- MARITIME LAW – it is against maritime law for any passenger to remain in any vehicle on all ferry crossings within the European Community. It is the responsibility of the Hirer or their representative to inform each person travelling on one of the Company’s vehicles that they must exit the vehicle upon or before boarding the ship.
- AGENCY AGREEMENT – When the Company provides meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets and any other service provided by another Contractor, it does so as an Agent of the Hirer on his behalf. Any terms and conditions imposed by the Contractor will be binding on the Hirer as if he had directly contracted the services himself.
- COMPLAINTS – In the event of a complaint about the Company’s services, the Hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or the Company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing within 14 days of the termination date of hire to 86 Brodrick Road. Eastbourne, BN22 9NS. Complaints will be acknowledged within 14 working days and the Company will aim to resolve any complaint within 28 days of it being made.
- ROUTE- The route used will be at the discretion of the Company and/or the Driver, unless the Hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en-route. Such advice will be specified on the confirmation letter.
- SMOKING – All coaches are non-smoking unless otherwise agreed by the company. Local laws regarding smoking must be complied with.
These conditions (taken together with the details contained in the confirmation of booking) constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Hirer.